How to cover expenses
What You Need to Know Before Applying to the REMENA Master Program
The costs to be covered for the whole program by each student are
- ~4,300 Euro per semester for living costs and registration fees depending on the individual way of living, price levels etc.
- 10,000 Euro tuition fees.
In case you cannot cover the full costs of at least 27,200 € resulting from the list above you may apply for a partial funding of tuition fees (see below) or find individual scholarship opportunities at the following websites:
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE)
- OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
- Islamic Development Bank (IsDB).
Please find a detailed time table for payments related to the the REMENA Master program (when do you have to pay for what) below.
The complete expenses of the program (including accomodation, service fees, food, health insurance, public transport etc.) for four semesters amount to about 27,200 Euro at least. Clearly, the exact sum depends on the individual way of living, price levels etc.
It is important that you are able to cover these expenses. German foreign authorities do not grant student visa without proof of sufficient financial means. The proof may be provided by ONE of the following:
- disclosure of parents income and assets or
- a binding declaration of the parents to the German consular representative or the corresponding office that they will pay the expenses of the student or
- the placement of a deposit in a blocked bank account in Germany in the amount of 10,236 Euro or
- a proof of a scholarship or
- the annually renewed placement of a bank letter of guarantee with a bank in Germany.
Furthermore, you must show evidence that you have a health insurance to cover corresponding expenses in Germany.
REMENA studies are very intensive, we strongly advise you NOT to take any jobs during the program. There is, however, a way to earn money, namely by finding a job as a so-called studying assistant in a lab where you typically work in a field related to projects within the REMENA Master program. In principle, it is also possible to find work outside the university. With student visa you are permitted to work 120 full days or 240 half-days per year.