The fee for the ISU Kassel is 2,190 Euro. If you pay before April 1, 2018, the ISU will grant you an “early bird discount” and the fee will be reduced to 1,990 Euro.
In order to apply for ISU Kassel 2018, please download, fill out and sign the application form below and send it to us along with your CV and a copy of your academic transcript by email.
Please note: Minimum age for participation in the ISU program is 18 years.
Registration and payment information
After sending your application form to the ISU office, we will send you a confirmation via email. Upon acceptance of the application, you will receive an invoice with the detailed payment information from us. Unless stated otherwise, the payment should be received by us 30 days after the date of the invoice. As soon as we received the payment, we will send you an acceptance letter.
Please understand, that no place can be reserved for you until we have received the fee.
Banks usually also charge us for the processing of transfers, cheque or credit card payments. Please note that we will have to pass these fees on to you upon your arrival in Kassel.
Please note: If, for any reason, a participant wants to withdraw his/ her registration, the participant has to inform the ISU Kassel immediately. An administrative fee of € 250,- will be retained by the University of Kassel. Should a participant withdraw from the ISU Kassel 2018 after the start of the program on June 23, 2018, the ISU Kassel will retain the full program fee paid by the participant.
We are pleased to inform you that we offer again a number of scholarships for students who wish to take part in the ISU Kassel.
General requirements for the scholarships are:
- a strong letter of motivation stating why you are eligible for the scholarship
- one letter of recommendation from your professor (or at least a lecturer with a doctorate degree). Letters of recommendation can be sent together with the other required documents, or directly by your professor to email@example.com
Beside the above mentioned documents, please send along:
- a completed and signed ISU Application Form
- a letter of motivation for joining ISU (column provided in the application form)
- a CV
- a copy of academic transcripts of all university exams (in case the transcripts are issued in languages other than English or German, please send the copy of them in the original language and the translations in English)
- for applicants whose native language is not English, a proof of English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, TOEFL prediction, IELTS, or any English certificate from a local language center such as British Council, English First or a language center at your university)
Not included in the program fee or the scholarship -unless mentioned otherwise- are flight and train tickets to and from Kassel, the optional Berlin trip, lunch and other personal expenses.
In order to apply for the scholarship, please state which scholarship you would like to apply in your application, scan all of the required documents and send them in one PDF file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship application deadline: 23:59 German Time, March 18, 2018.
Incomplete scholarship application or scholarship application after the deadline will not be considered.
Below are the types of scholarship offered for the ISU Kassel 2018:
- Earthquake Engineering Scholarship
One full scholarship covering the program fee of €1.990 (early-bird fee) is available for applicants who wish to take part in the ISU-course "Introduction to Earthquake Engineering". Please note that the scholarship cannot be paid in cash nor be accumulated with other scholarships and is only available for students (not for lecturers or researchers) who are currently affiliated with an Institution of Higher Education. Information sheet for the scholarship is available here: Earthquake Engineering Scholarship
Further types of scholarships offered for the ISU 2018 will be announced on this page in January 2018.
Other scholarship opportunities might be offered by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service). Please check their scholarship database: DAAD