Included in the program fee are manifold and interesting cultural programs. In addition to opening and closing ceremonies, as well as leisure activities (movie night, sports, game night, etc.) we offer a number of informative and fun excursions.
This way, you will be able to learn about Germany beyond the classroom.
The International Winter University will be offering the following trips in 2019:
Guided tour in Kassel
- Join a guided city tour through Kassel
- Get to know the life and work of the Brothers Grimm, whose fairy tales such as Snow White and Cinderella are well-known all over the world
- See the continent's oldest museum and Germany's oldest theater
Trip to Fritzlar
- Visit the 1200 years old small town with its beautiful St. Peter's Church
- Join a guided tour through the many historical sites and buildings
- Fritzlar has the highest remaining urban defence tower in Germany: the Grey Tower
Optional Trip to Berlin
- Spend some days in the exciting German capital
- Join a guided city tour through Berlin
- Experience German history and politics “in a nutshell”
- Meet a Member of Parliament in the Reichstag building
- Visit renowned museums and theaters
- Go shopping and try the famous Berlin Currywurst
This 4 day trip costs an additional 295 Euro, which includes:
- Transportation Kassel - Berlin - Kassel
- Accomodation and breakfast in Berlin
- 3-day-ticket for public transportation in Berlin
- Support service and guided tours as well as museum visits in Berlin
Program is subject to change.